Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Day 2 of looking for a job: Soybeans, Long Walks, and Bright Orange Milk

Okay, you'll never believe this, but I found BRIGHT ORANGE MILK for sale at the grocery store yesterday. If you don't believe me look at this.

Orange cream! A Halloween special! (It's actually pretty good.)

Long walks are no fun, especially in the heat of summer. For some reason, even though fall has already started, the place where I'm at feels like summer in Louisiana. It's not as humid, no, but it has the same feeling of sweaty heat that I've actually been told is rather a rarity in the state of Wisconsin. So leave it to the weather to make it seem like home.

I walked past some soybeans on the way to the doctor's office today!


I've never actually lived in an area that produces food. They grew pine trees back in Ruston, but those don't really "look" like farms, even with all the trucks piled high with logs. But here! Here is an indication of the process that feeds us all!

I found myself wondering how many people this field can feed. If it is for feeding people at all. It could be for cattle feed or even to make industrial chemicals. But whatever the case, I thought it was interesting and even took a little clipping of soybeans to keep as a keepsake.

Still looking for a job. I have an interview tomorrow with a live-in elderly care business, which I'm going to have to take an Uber to. They have jobs all over the county and I'm pretty sure I'll be assigned jobs close to where I'm at.

I applied to the Walgreens here and in the town over--I actually have most of a license to practice as a pharmacy tech. All I need is hours on the job and then I'll be a fully licensed pharmacy tech. Making use of that fact would be a great boon for me!

Walking around town filling out applications and giving out resumes is, of course, a hard thing to do in the heat.

But with my bright orange creamsicle milk, I will overcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment