Monday, September 16, 2019

Day 19: Lots of Screwups (And an interesting YouTube Video)

Dent removal is hard. I heard through the grapevine that it's the part of the probation process that most people struggle with, but I guess I just didn't believe them when they said it. But truth be told, it is difficult. A lot of force is necessary to do anything, and sometimes the pesky little dents just won't go away no matter how much you rub the thing with a dent ball.

Dents are removed in two ways. Number one is with a metal rod with a ball at the end which is secured with a vice. There are many lengths and sizes and available curvatures. The next is with a set of dent balls. These are a series of cylinders of increasing size that one drops into the tube that one wishes to remove a dent from, hitting it with a hammer to make the brass conform to the shape of the ball. It's a difficult process that requires a lot of finesse.

Plus, my current instructor is kind of intimidating. He has a big beard and has a habit of making it seem like my screwups are really big. I hate screwing up because I know it reflects bad on my abilities (of course) and I'm walking a tightrope here, and sometimes I hesitate for quite a while before bringing his attention to one of my problems. I guess I just don't deal well with grumpy old guys who make a big deal out of my mistakes.

I watched an interesting video by Kurzegast that is an animation of a short story by Andy Weir (the guy who wrote The Martian.) Both of these names are big-time mass-market normie-known ones. Everyone knows Andy Weir and Kurzegast has almost ten million subs.

The thing is this: the story is about a special brand of reincarnation, one where every single living human is just the same individual going through every single life ever lived. I have ... Well ... felt this to be true, and have seen into the, well, the past of who I am ...

Nevermind. I have just had some weird dreams and visions that express sort of the same sentiment that this video expresses. I won't get into strange-crazy-schizophrenic territory here but I just thought it was cool that this impression that I got from my unique visions is being broadcast like this.

I have seen so many cool things, some crazy, some scary, but for the most part I only think about them when prompted by an external notion. Here's the link to the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6fcK_fRYaI

No comments:

Post a Comment