Friday, August 14, 2020

Why I like electro swing

 I'm a big fan of electronic music. My idea of a banger song has a lot of bass and hard rhythms. Before I got into this scene, I did not realize how wide and expansive it really is. There's dubstep, chillstep, darkstep, glitch hop, and electro swing. My favorite of the bunch at the time of writing is definitely electro swing. 

Generally, these songs come in compilation videos that are about an hour long, featuring cool anime artwork. The art of these videos, while probably stolen from the internet, is part of the experience of this particular genre.

It's been a hundred years since the dawn of the swing era. One of my favorite ES songs references it. There are a lot of talented artists and groups making this stuff. 

Electro swing has the perfect balance between old and new. While I will probably move out of this phase of my musical life eventually, I'm happy to enjoy what I have in the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment