Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Day six: Just a little sleepy, amirite?

So far, I've been doing good at this job except for one thing: I have a tendency to fall asleep due to the medication I take. Before 10:00, it's almost as if I am possessed with narcolepsy. I simply cannot stay awake!

Maybe there is a solution to this (coffee? Energy drinks?) but I have yet to stumble across it.

Today was my first day working assembly. That means, in the lingo, that I was putting instruments back together after they had been worked over. It's a complicated and involved process that is a lot more difficult than it has been for me in the past; this is mostly because my teachers hold me to a higher standard than I held myself back when I was working on instruments in my garage. There are a lot of details that I missed before and am just learning about now.

Richard was a really nice mentor in the absence of my assigned teacher (who was sick yesterday and today.) He's really the opposite of the cranky old type in all ways except his appearance.

I also did a bit of buffing, a bit of glueing, and I struggled mightily cutting corks with a razor. I still make jagged edges with all of the corks that I work with. Such a shame that I have not yet grasped the hang of cutting cork on keys with a razor.

Nothing really interesting happened today. I know my account of today is pretty boring (it's almost like a diary entry) but I do this mostly to inform those who would probably care about that kind of thing.

I just hope I do not overstay my welcome with my daily uploads, as all of them are likely to become more inane as I settle in.

|In any case, I hope tomorrow I can stay awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment