Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Day 5: Return of the Tiny Screws!

Today I battled with tiny screws the size of a grain of sand, fought with an oboe, and did a little bit of hand burning. A day like any other.

Look at the size of these things!
They're tiny! And really hard to line up with their holes! 

Today I noticed that the rain falling on the roof sounded a little funny. I looked up and found this!

That's a trumpet bell! It's collecting leaks from that portion of the roof and redirecting the water with a series of rain gutters!

It was done by experienced tech #1 (who I will now call Richard), and has been there for decades. I think it's pretty cool. 

Those tiny little screws though ... Nasty little buggers. 

Richard has that kind of soothing grandfatherly voice (with a Wisconsin accent) that makes you feel all comfortable on the inside. Though, his usage of the word "fuck" is a little overboard and sounds incongruous. 

I finished tear downs and am starting on assembly tomorrow. In the little bit I was able to do today (of assembly) my favorite part has to have been the buffing. Buffing is fun because the wheel goes round and round and, magically, when the key goes under it for a short period of time, it comes out the other end nice and shiny. 

I don't have any funny stories for today, but I hope I will have some tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment